What information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information is provided directly by you or via third parties. We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, purchase products or Services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Content Offerings or other Services on our Site. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you with the specific Content Offering and/or Services you select, send you updates about Content Offerings or other VCL events, and send you to email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
Finally, when registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Company Name or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site. We also collect users’ contact information when making a purchase from our website for our online courses or certifications. This contact information (such as name and email address) and financial information (such as account or credit card number). VCL uses the contact information from the order form to send orders to its customers. Contact information is also used to get in touch with customers when necessary.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To provide you with products and services that you request from us
- For technical administration of our sites, including notifying you about changes to our service
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
- We are committed to ensuring that we provide the security of processing and the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of systems and services, as such relate to personal data that we hold, in order to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure or access.
- Where we have given you (VCL LMS system) username and/or password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites or use our products and services, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. You should not share these details with anyone.
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.